OUR COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER CARE
The team at Christchurch Casino take our responsibilities as a host absolutely seriously, with a focus on customer care in all we do. We also work on continuous improvement, as research and technology allow us to do things better.
As a locally owned and operated casino, we acknowledge our position and profile both in New Zealand’s tourism and hospitality industry and within our own Christchurch, Canterbury community. Our aim is to invest in innovative ways to prevent and minimise harm and achieve best-practice in Host Responsibility.
Our Host Responsibility Programme is reviewed regularly and is involves input from key stakeholders, including non-governmental organisations and government departments.
A copy of our Host Responsibility Programme is available for download.
Our programme contains a wide range of initiatives aimed at ensuring our guests enjoy the exciting, entertainment experience we offer, in a safe way.
Initiatives at Christchurch Casino include:
- Training for all employees in both the Responsible Service of Alcohol and Problem Gambling Awareness before they commence their work with us. Host Responsibility refresher training is also given to all employees.
- Preventing those under 20 years of age from gaining entry
- Responsible marketing and promotions
- Promoting the use of our Pre-Commitment system (gaming machine play limitation)
- Promoting Self-Exclusion
- Efforts to identify and intervene with customers experiencing or at risk of experiencing gambling-related harm, including monitoring of customers exhibiting potential indicators of problem gambling.
- Promoting concerns about customers reported to us by a third party
- Monitoring our carparks for unattended children in vehicles and any unusual activity
- Maintaining an appropriate standard of dress required for entry
- Maintaining an appropriate standard of behaviour of guests
- Providing a range of information for customers about problem gambling and support services available in-venue and online in a range of languages
- Engaging regularly with a range of stakeholders to drive collaboration and progress
- Consideration towards our venue’s design, including the provision of respite areas and large amounts of natural light
- Not issuing credit to any customer
- Issuing a ban to any person identified as lending money for financial gain
- Using innovative technology to assist Host Responsibility practices including:
- Facial Recognition Technology to identify banned persons and others of interest
- Software to analyse the loyalty data of gaming machine players for risk of harm