SUSTAINABILITY AT CHRISTCHURCH CASINO
At Christchurch Casino we are focused on embedding sustainability and embracing kaitiakitanga into all aspects of our business practices from our day-to-day operations to our long term strategies. We recognise and acknowledge the importance of sustainability not just within our business but for the local community as well. Our goals are to improve economic prosperity, develop our employees, enhance our environment, and strengthen communities without compromising future generations.
Below are some examples showing our commitment to becoming a sustainable business.
- Employing a Sustainability Executive tasked with analysing and reviewing our business’ practices
- Food waste is processed in-house using the latest in enzyme digestion technology (ORCA)
- Purchasing fair-trade certified coffee beans
- Using FSC certified paper straws and biodegradable takeaway containers
- Stocking FSC certified restroom paper products
- Purchasing Green Star rated electrical equipment
- Replacing lights to be 85% LED
- Reducing paper waste
- Using environmentally safe cleaning products such as Stabilised Aqueous Ozone Solution
- Reducing electricity use by 18.5% from air-handling units and lighting
- Timed water taps in various areas
- Sourcing from over 400 local suppliers
Whilst we are still at the beginning of our sustainability strategy, we are commitment to ensuring our journey continues to grow and thrive for years to come.